Kicker: House fire


NICK EICHER, HOST: You’ve heard that curiosity got the cat?

Well, it almost got the dog in Detroit this week.

A woman returned home after just a few hours. She walked through her front door and heard clicking sounds from the kitchen. And then round the corner, a big mess: a 12-pack of soda exploded all over the kitchen and the box holding the cans burned to a crisp on the stovetop, with one of the gas burners still burning!

A check of the home security video footage solved the mystery. Her German Shepherd, named Dahlia, wanted to see what was on the stove when she inadvertently pawed the burner knob into the “on” position.

Unbelievably, nothing but the soda box caught fire.

The curious pup is usually blocked from the kitchen, but the child gates couldn’t overcome the Dahlia’s curiosity.

It’s The World and Everything in It.


(Photo/Matthew Ruffino)

WORLD Radio transcripts are created on a rush deadline. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Accuracy and availability may vary. The authoritative record of WORLD Radio programming is the audio record.

Like this story?

To hear a lot more like it, subscribe to The World and Everything in It via iTunes, Overcast, Stitcher, or Pocket Casts.

iTunes

Free

Overcast

Free

Stitcher

Free

Pocket Casts

(Requires a fee)


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.