MYRNA BROWN, HOST: Fair warning, if you have ophidiophobia, otherwise known as a fear of snakes, this story might be hard to hear.
A Mississippi woman recently got a slithering surprise when she got home from work. As she turned the key and opened her front door, a snake that had been lodged atop the door fell on her head!
Christina Mitchell said she felt a “thump” on her head and the snake had landed at her feet.
It fell out of a potted plant above the door and darted into her kitchen. Mitchell then calmly grabbed a broom and shooed the snake out of her house.
She told the Enterprise-Journal it was just a “scared little rat snake,” a largely non-venomous reptile.
Mitchell said, “He tried to bite at my broom whenever I put him outside. He probably thought that was really rude.”
She said she actually finds snakes “fascinating” and does not plan to relocate the plant from the doorway. She added, “I feel like I’ll just take my chances and open my door really slow from now on.”
It’s The World and Everything in It.