NICK EICHER, HOST: A man in Massachusetts had to undergo surgery after a bizarre medical incident at his home.
Brad Gauthier told NBC Boston 10 that he was trying to drink a glass of water last Tuesday morning, but he couldn’t.
GAUTHIER: The water just filled up my esophagus and I literally had to lean over and let it drain out.
Gauthier drove to a local emergency clinic where an x-ray revealed why he was having trouble swallowing.
It also revealed why he was missing one of his two wireless earbuds!
Turns out, Gauthier had fallen asleep with his Airpods in his ears the night before, and somehow, he swallowed one of them in his sleep.
The good news is the earbud still works, but the microphone is a bit glitchy now. And you know, Airpods aren’t cheap.
GAUTHIER: So I think I’m going to look up a YouTube video on how to fix it myself, replace the mic.
Sensible man. And a good reminder: Airpods are for external use only!
It’s The World and Everything in It.